- How to add books to Kindle from Amazon
- How to add books to Kindle from your computer
- How to add books to Kindle from other sources
- How to manage your Kindle books
- How to delete books from Kindle
- How to lend books from Kindle
- How to return books from Kindle
- How to find free Kindle books
- How to shop for Kindle books
- How to troubleshoot Kindle book problems
If you’re wondering how to add books to your Kindle, we’ve got you covered. Check out our simple guide and start reading your favorite ebooks in no time.
Checkout this video:
How to add books to Kindle from Amazon
If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can borrow books from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library for free. Simply connect your Kindle to your computer, and then open the Kindle drive on your computer. On the Kindle drive, open the “Documents” folder. Then drag and drop the book file into this folder. The book will appear in your “Library” on your Kindle.
How to add books to Kindle from your computer
Adding books to your Kindle from your computer is a quick and easy process. Simply connect your device to your computer via the USB cable and drag and drop the files into the documents folder. Alternatively, you can use Amazon’s “Send to Kindle” app to emails or PDFs directly to your device.
How to add books to Kindle from other sources
If you’re like most Kindle users, you probably get all of your books from the Amazon Kindle Store. But did you know that there are other sources for Kindle-compatible books? In this article, we’ll show you how to add books to your Kindle from other sources.
First, let’s take a look at some of the places where you can find Kindle-compatible books. Then we’ll walk you through the steps of adding them to your device.
One of the best sources for Kindle-compatible books is Project Gutenberg. This site has over 60,000 free ebooks that are in the public domain. That means that the copyrights have expired and anyone can freely distribute these books.
Project Gutenberg offers two easy ways to get these books onto your Kindle. The first is to download the book as an EPUB file and then sideload it onto your device. Sideloading simply means transferring the file to your Kindle via USB.
The second way is to use Project Gutenberg’s Send to Kindle service. This will send the book wirelessly to your device provided that it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Another great source for free Kindle books is ManyBooks. This site has a similar selection to Project Gutenberg, with over 50,000 titles available. ManyBooks also offers both EPUB and MOBI files for downloading, so you can choose the format that works best for you.
Once you’ve downloaded a book from one of these sites, it’s time to transfer it to your Kindle. If you’re using a Windows PC, connect your device to your computer with a USB cable and then open up Explorer (or My Computer). Copy the file into the documents folder on your Kindle and then safely eject/disconnect your device from the computer.
If you’re using a Mac, things are slightly different. First, you’ll need to download and install Amazon’s Ejector utility (this is necessary because OS X doesn’t have built-in support for ejecting mass storage devices). Once Ejector is installed, connect your Kindle to your computer and open up Finder. Drag and drop the book file into the documents folder on your device and then use Ejector to safely disconnect it from your computer
How to manage your Kindle books
When you buy a Kindle book from Amazon, it’s automatically downloaded to your Kindle device or app. If you have a Kindle e-reader, books are delivered to your device via Wi-Fi or USB cable. If you have the Kindle app installed on your smartphone or tablet, books are delivered to the app either via Wi-Fi (if supported by your device) or USB cable.
How to delete books from Kindle
It’s easy to delete books from your Kindle, and you can even archive them if you’d like to keep them but not have them on your device. Here’s how to do both.
How to lend books from Kindle
It’s easy to lend books from Kindle. Just follow these steps:
1. Find the book you’d like to lend on Amazon.com and click the “Lend this book” button.
2. Select the person you’d like to lend the book to from your contact list. If the person isn’t in your contact list, you can enter their email address.
3. Click “Lend this book.” The recipient will have 14 days to accept your offer, at which point they’ll have 14 days to read the book.
4. Once the lending period is over, the book will automatically be returned to you.
How to return books from Kindle
When you’re finished with a book, you can return it from your Kindle device or app. Kindle books that you borrow from a public library are automatically returned to the library at the end of their lending periods. To return a book early:
Kindle Books from Your Device
1. Press the Menu button on your Kindle device.
2. Select Settings, and then Personal Document Settings.
3. Select Manage Your Content and Devices, and then select the Actions drop-down menu next to the book you’d like to return.
4. Select Return for Refund, and then click Yes to confirm and return the book from your device.
Apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android phone or tablet, Windows Phone 8/8.1/10 devices, Mac or PC Computers
1. Tap or click Menu in the upper-left corner of the screen, and then select My Library or Cloud Tab.. If you’re using an older version of the app, select Device Tab instead of Cloud Tab.. If prompted to upgrade your app, follow the on-screen instructions to do so before continuing with these steps..
2. Swipe left on a book’s cover image (or right if you’re using an older version of our app), then tap Delete.. Or single-tap a book’s cover image (or double-tap if you’re using an older version of our app), tap More Options (⋮), then Delete From Device.. If it’s a book you borrowed from OverDrive or one in another format that can’t be returned early (like PDFs) it won’t have these options.. Confirm by tapping Delete again in the pop-up window that appears…
How to find free Kindle books
If you’re looking for free Kindle books, there are a few different places you can look. One of the easiest places to find them is through Amazon itself. Just head to the Kindle store and then click on the “Bestsellers” tab. From there, you can sort the list by “Priced Low to High” to see all of the available books that are free.
Another great place to find free Kindle books is through Project Gutenberg. This site has over 58,000 free eBooks available, and all of them are compatible with Kindle devices. To browse the selection, just head to the site and then click on “Books > eBook Readers.” From there, you can select your device from the drop-down menu and then browse through the available titles.
If you have a specific book in mind that you’re hoping to find for free, your best bet is to search for it by title. This will help you narrow down your options and find a version that’s compatible with your Kindle. You can also try searching for terms like “Kindle book” or “free Kindle book” to see what’s available.
How to shop for Kindle books
When you want to add a new book to your Kindle, you have a few different options. You can shop for Kindle books on Amazon.com, which offers a wide variety of titles. You can also find free Kindle books online, as well as books that are available for purchase from other retailers.
If you’re not sure where to start, Amazon.com is a good place to look for Kindle books. The website offers a wide variety of titles, including bestsellers, new releases, and classics. You can also narrow down your search by genre, author, or price.
If you’re looking for free Kindle books, there are a few different places you can check. One option is Project Gutenberg, which offers more than 54,000 titles that are in the public domain. Another option is ManyBooks, which has more than 33,000 free ebooks available for download.
In addition to shopping on Amazon.com and other websites, you can also purchase Kindle books from other retailers like Barnes & Noble and Kobo. These retailers typically have their own websites where you can browse and purchase titles. Once you’ve bought a book from one of these retailers, you can usually add it to your Kindle by following the instructions on the retailer’s website.
How to troubleshoot Kindle book problems
If you’re having trouble getting a book to appear on your Kindle, there are a few things you can try.
First, make sure that the book is compatible with your Kindle. Kindle books must be DRM-free in order to work on your device. If the book is DRM-protected, it will not work on your Kindle.
If the book is compatible with your Kindle, the next step is to make sure that you have an active internet connection. In order to download a Kindle book, you need to be connected to Wi-Fi or have an active data connection.
If you’re still having trouble downloading a book to your Kindle, there are a few other things you can try:
-Restart your device and try again. This will sometimes fix temporary glitches that may be preventing the book from downloading properly.
-Delete the book from your device and re-download it from Amazon. This will sometimes fix corrupt files that may be causing problems.
-Contact Amazon customer service for help. If you’re still having trouble after trying all of these things, Amazon’s customer service team may be able to help you troubleshoot the problem.